There are interview questions that will possibly come up more often than others. The majority of the companies will look for candidates that they can demonstrate knowledge regarding networking concepts, some common web application vulnerabilities, they know how to perform basic tasks. are familiar with console commands and they have the passion to learn.
The following questions have been identified as the most common for junior penetration testing roles, so candidates who are able to answer them correctly they have more chances of being successful.
- What are the differences between TCP and UDP?
- Describe the 3-way handshake?
- Describe the layers of OSI model and knowledge some of the protocols for each layer?
- What are the differences between a hub a switch and a router?
- What is a port?
- What is SSL?
- What are the differences between symmetric and asymmetric encryption?
- What is SQL injection?
- What is Cross-Site Scripting?
- How you could perform a TCP scan with Nmap?